RS232 Serial Communication Software
Transfer Data from Instruments RS232 Serial Interface Directly into Excel® or any Software Program
Collect is an RS232 and TCP/IP data collection and interface software program that connects and controls any instrument with an RS232 serial communication port, Bluetooth or TCP/IP Ethernet interface.
Collect can send commands or just listen for incoming data, extract only the required data from the received instrument output, and send the results directly to Excel® spreadsheets, local or network files or automatically transfer to the cursor in any program window. Collect includes a number of built-in features that make it easy to automate virtually any application in a way that you need it to work.
What makes Collect the first and best choice for automating data collection from instruments with RS232 serial ports?
- Exclusive DIRECT-XL™ technology, the most advanced RS232 to Excel® interface available
- Transfer data automatically to the cursor in any window or record directly into a file
- A library of pre-configured interfaces with over 500 instruments to choose from
Instrument Library | Method Library
- Connect and transfer data from up to 99 instruments simultaneously
- Floating instrument toolbar and hotkey support gives easy access send commands
- Perform timed data collection at user defined intervals as fast as 10 per second
- Add Date, Time, User ID and other meta-data to instrument results
- Built-in macro editors for enhanced automation capabilities
- Use Windows® security to restrict user access to configuration settings
- Install in either English, French, German, Italian, Spanish or Japanese
- Plus many other out-of-the-box features
Collect is the perfect solution for automating data collection from your balances, scales, pH meters, DO meters, calipers, Force Gauges, gas analyzers, photometers, density meters, thermometers or any other instruments that have an RS232 serial, Bluetooth or TCP/IP interface port.
Direct RS232 Interface with Excel®More than a simple RS232 software ‘wedge’, the Collect software uses DIRECT-XL™ technology to connect RS232 instruments directly with Excel®, simply and easily. Collect’s DIRECT-XL™ interface is so smart, that if data already exists in a cell, it will skip over that data and transfer the reading to the next available cell.
DIRECT-XL™ ensures that data is collected correctly every time.
More on Collect's Direct Interface to Excel
Library of Pre-configured Instrument Interfaces and Excel® TemplatesThe Instrument Library includes interfaces for manufacturers like Sartorius, Mettler, Ohaus, Denver Instruments, Adam Equipment, A&D, Precisa, Thermo (Orion) Fisher, Jenway, Dillon, Weigh-Tronix, AccuLab, Anton Paar, Labconco, Scientech, Shimadzu, YSI and others.
Simply select your instrument from the list and you’re ready to start collecting data.
Note: If your instrument is not in the library it can be easily added using Collect’s Instrument Manager or just contact us and we will help you get them communicating.
Collect will work with any of your existing Excel® files or other destinations for data. Collect also includes a Library of Excel® templates for many common applications (“Methods”) that users are free to use or modify to suit.
Ask us if Collect is right for your application?
Technical Support IncludedThe software comes complete with free technical support for 1 year including telephone, e-mail and internet services as well as free software updates released during your coverage period. Using our WebEx account we can host remote meetings to view and/or control your Collect computers desktop over the internet to help troubleshoot any communication problems you might be having with the instrument.
Price List and How to Order | Free 30-Day Trial Download | Collect Resources | Contact Us